P O I N T S
- We can’t always thrive in our singleness 100% of the time. We’re human, we’re not perfect, give yourself a break.
- This time of singleness, isn’t a waiting period. Live your life, travel, have sleepovers with your friends, get super involved in your church, follow your dreams. Being married or in a relationship isn’t always perfect or easy. Most importantly, fall in love with Jesus. He is the most romantic person we’ll ever know.
- God’s timing is perfect. We will be exactly who we need to be when God brings us our person. We will have gone through the perfect amount of experience and have the right amount of wisdom to be the right person for that person.
- This time of singleness can also be a slippery, dangerous trek. Satan is going to dangle your perfect idea of someone in a vast majority of different people of the world. Do you know how easy it is to settle for someone in the world? Terribly easy. We are called to love someone who loves Christ above any other requirement. People of the world have a checklist sure, but if you take out someone who loves Jesus, you have a way bigger pool of options. So, don’t settle, don’t settle, don’t settle. It’s so hard not to settle sometimes, but even if they are Christian, they might not be the one for you. You know in your heart if someone is ready to lead you.
- Real talk, Satan is also going to dangle sex in front of you. When you are in the world, sex can be a casual thing. Being single is considered a great time to just get it on with everyone before you get tied down. Satan will say, come dance with me, it will be fun. In that time, you just cling to jesus. Satan will tell you that porn and masturbation are healthy, and they aren’t. They are damaging. Pray for Jesus to shield your heart.